Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Upcoming Birthday = Shopaholic Problems

My birthday is less than a month away.

That is the one day of the year that I have to look absolutely, 100% fabulous on. It doesn't matter if I'm going bowling or to the zoo or to the park to play soccer. I demand to be in a dress with heels, hair done, nails done, and gorgeous makeup. That's just the way it has to be.

Which means... SHOPPING TRIP!!!!!

I already have the vision planned out. Cute spring dress. Adorb kitten heels (I usually stay away from the kittens, but I've been needing a pair, so why not kill two birds with one stone?). Brand new makeup (A stop to both Mac and Sephora is a must). New earrings and necklace. An maybe even a new purse. Who knows? My budget is looking like $100-$150 for the trip (mostly because I need to buy more foundation and I'm obsessed with Sephora's foundation... Which costs $47. The struggle is real here guys.)

So of course, to create the image of what I want, I have been tearing up Polyvore with all my imaginary oober cute outfits. I probably will end up buying something that looks nothing like these, but hey, Polyvore is fun!


This one is cute and springy, which I like. Plus it's really sophisticated and I could totally wear it on a normal day or in a business setting (maybe without the sunglasses and bows in a business place). Aside from the flowers on the dress, there's not much color, but it's a great neutral look. And, it goes great with my new mission for a more modest wardrobe.


Then there's this. It doesn't exactly scream spring to me (at all actually), but I loved the dress and I had fun making it into two different outfits. There's the all black outfit with silver accents. Then there's the black dress with the huge POP of color with all red and gold accessories. 


This one definitely fails the dress category, but it's spring like AND leather. It's like sexy biker chic mixed with flirty spring. I don't own anything leather (yet) because I'm not brave enough to try and pull it off (yet), but a leather jacket is on my To Buy list. I think that leather is just so sexy when worn right. Of course, there's always the problem with too much leather, and I don't think that's cute at all, but hey, if you're into that stuff that's up to you. I like this outfit just because the leather makes it sexy, and the pale colors make it flirty. Definitely not a birthday outfit, but I like where this one went.


I really like this one. It's very springy, and the texture on the dress is adorbs. Plus, I picked out another pair of Louboutins. It's destiny, I must own a pair. It just stinks that they cost a whole month's salary! Maybe someone who loves me a LOT will buy me a pair, maybe. Also, it was really hard to find that sweater. Blazers are in right now (don't get me wrong, I am 100% on the blazer bandwagon, even though I only own one so far), but those were all that were popping up on the Outerwear category. The struggle is real to find stuff I want! As for the hat... I just really wanted to make an outfit with a hat (:

Yes, I do realize that I failed in making an outfit with kitten heels, but I like high heels so much better!!! And I have double pierced ears, thus two pairs of earring, one stud one dangle, on all my outfits.

Yea, I definitely won't look like any of these outfits on my birthday, but it's fun to dream. I'm going birthday outfit shopping next week, so I'll definitely keep you updated on the final look!


No comments:

Post a Comment