Thursday, August 22, 2013

BABY FEVER

The baby shower was a success!

I plan on doing individual posts for the invitations and the cake, but the actual shower was AMAZING!!!

Jessica, Karina, and I spent all morning working our butts off making the diaper cake, putting the real cake together, baking cupcakes, making brigadeiro, setting out fruit trays, putting up decorations, cleaning, heating up nuggets, and more. We were still running around like chickens with their heads cut off when the guests started to arrive at 2.

But that's okay because it went smoothly afterwards!

The cake got lots of oohs and ahhs from everyone:


And the cupcakes were a pretty big hit too, especially the little baby booties.


The coolest thing, I thought, was the diaper cake Karina put together. Karima won't be needing to buy newborn diapers until her second child with all the diapers we got her!


Isn't it so cute??? It was my favorite decoration in the whole party!

And the party was also filled with babies! Baby Victoria will be the 4th baby born to a CFA team member in less than a year's span, and all of the three other ladies brought their babies. They were born in boy girl order too! There's me and baby Ariana. We played together for a whole 30 minutes and then she knocked out... I hope that someday my kids will be that easy!


Other than diapers, Karima got lots of goodies. She received a ton adorable baby girl outfits! She also got a few bonnets, bibs, teethers, shoes, socks, gloves, onesies, towels, and blankets. In the gifts there were also a plastic duckie, wipes, a comb, a brush, and a little thing to hang on her crib that says "The princess is sleeping." This little girl is going to be so cute and fashionable, you'll know she's my adopted niece!

I can't wait for Karima to have the baby and for me to finally meet Victoria!



No comments:

Post a Comment