Sunday, September 15, 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 - September 10

I think the 10th was my favorite day from the New York Fashion Week. There were some beautiful pieces shown off.

The day was started off by a definite fashion icon. Tory Burch put out a gorgeous collection.



I loved these two pieces. I love the dandelion designs on both, and how sophisticated they both look. I would enjoy either one of these in my wardrobe.

Definitely a morning of big names, the next brand up was J. Crew.


I didn't like the fact that they put out two models at a time. For example, this one I love the floral on the right, but I'm not crazy about the all white suit on the left.


This one, I love the outfit on the left, and my favorite thing about the one on the right is the blazer.


I won't lie though, I really like both of these suits.

Next up was Steven Alan, but while he had some nice outfits, I didn't really love any of the pieces. But no worries, Badgley Mischka made up for it. Mark Badgley and Hames Mischka weren't named one of the "Top 10 Designers" by Vogue for nothing. They were one of my favorite collections of the whole week.


I love the old school feel of the hat on this one. I also really like the top with the poofy skirt.


The wrap effect around the waist here is gorgeous. I love this outfit and the summery feel to it.


Another crop top! I like all the polka dots and the almost skirt-like feel to the pants.



These two dresses just scream elegance to me. They're both very red carpet-y to me.


This one is a more casual dress with a summer feel. I really like the design and texture on it (And check out the back of the dress walking away!)


This one is really cute with the subtle peacock feather design on the dress.




These three are three more with very sophisticated feels to them. The first two are very classic with the designs and materials. I am absolutely in love with the texture of the skirt on the third though!


I can't tell if this one is tweed or not, but I'm loving the texture design on this one. The neckline is beautiful too.

In the continuance of big names, Vera Wang made her appearance. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't wowed. Maybe because I was expecting a lot more from Vera Wang.

But then Jenny Packham came out with some pretty good pieces.


This one is just a fun flirty piece that I really liked



And these two look more like maxi dresses than elegant floor length, but they're gorgeous nonetheless, and the casualness makes it very practical.


My favorite part of this dress is the bow around the collar!

Diesel Black Gold followed up with some nice leather looks and this one that was more to my taste


Hanako Maeda presented her Adeam collection next with these beautiful pieces




Naeem Khan came in next to knock the day out of the water. He even had a bride walk down his runway, bouquet and all.









These pieces all ranged so nicely between elegant and casual, but they all look great (even though that last one needs a slip underneath)

Dennis and Basso came in for back to back knock outs. Their collection was beautiful.


GORGEOUS! I think this is my favorite of the day!



This one is adorable with the bow on the shoulder!




I'd never heard of Sass and Bide before, but these designers (Sarah - Jane Clarke and Heidi Middleton) put out some gorgeous pieces as well.



I couldn't pick one of Alon Livne's pieces to show off, but I actually really liked the collection as a whole. It was a very 'futuristic' feeling collection. I loved the cuts and shapes and colors. It was one of those collections that looks awesome as a whole, but you lose the effect when you single out the pieces.

I did not have the experience with Maison Martin Margiela. I just didn't like the pieces from this one. And the collection doesn't even seem like there's a common thread.

But Zang Toi came in and redeemed the day with these beautiful pieces.



Talk about art! The dress and the model's pose! Beautiful.


I love the texture of the 3D flowers on the skirt!!



I'm not a huge fan of turtlenecks because they make me feel claustrophobic, but I think they're gorgeous.

The Shenzhen Fashion line ended the day with a bang with these outfits




I love the peacock feel to this one!



These two feel a lot more oriental


And this one is ready for carnival!




These are much subtler beauties from the big and bold colors from earlier in the collection, still just as gorgeous though!

It was a day of beautiful outfits. Definitely one of my favorite days so far for New York Fashion Week.


No comments:

Post a Comment