Friday, September 13, 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 - September 7

Fashion Week is officially in London now and I'm still posting about the New York one. I'll catch up! Promise!

Saturday started off with Ruffian, whose designers, Brian Wolk and Claude Morais, put out one of my favorite collections of the day.










I love how sophisticated all the pieces are. They didn't have any pieces too crazy, and these are all outfits I could see myself wearing (Well, I don't know if I'd be bold enough tow ear that blue one, but it's cute). The 6th dress was my favorite from the set. Perfect for spring!

I wasn't wowed by any of Lacoste's pieces, but on a side note, the designer's name is Felipe Oliveira Baptista. My name is Brunna Caroline De Oliveira. He's from Portugal. I'm from Brasil. We're obviously long lost cousins or something, so I'm going to need to contact this cousin of mine ASAP.

Then Jill Stuart put out some really cute pieces.


This one was my favorite, despite the cut outs.


I like the top of this one, but it needs some pants.


I love that collar!

Son Jung Wan was the next designer, but I wasn't feeling his collection all that much.

Mara Hoffman came afterwards with two bold pieces that really caught my eye though.



I love the bright colors of both outfits!

Then Malan Breton came out with some pieces for both men and women that I've loved.


Like this suit, example, needs to find it's way into my boyfriend's closet right now please.



I love all the pieces seem to almost glow with how metallic they are.


I like the tan on black look for the suit!


Max Azria put out some of the best pieces of the night in his Herve Leger collection, but the Fashion Week website only had the video for it, not the actual photos. I tried to hunt down some of the pictures from it, but I wasn't very successful, so here are the few I did find.




Some beautiful dresses were presented by Katya Leonovich:


I love the shawl effect of this one!




Aren't all these dresses so beautiful and sophisticated? I'm in love!

While Charlotte Ronson didn't have anything that caught my eye, Monique Lhuillier (Who also happens to be a couture bridal designer!) had some beautiful pieces! This was another one of my favorites.






You can tell she's a bridal designer by how elegant the dresses are. I love the floral ones!

Despite how elegant and lovely Monique's dresses were, Venexiana definitely put out the most elegant and sophisticated pieces of the night.


I just feel like this piece belongs on Marilyn Monroe or some other fabulously classy star.










Tell me this is not a gorgeous dress that you would expect out of an old movie. I could see Anastasia wearing this!

These pieces are just so gorgeous! I love them all. Definitely my favorite collection of the day. They left the best for last two nights in a row for me!

Hopefully I'll catch up to the London show soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment