Saturday, September 14, 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 - September 8 & 9

In my attempt to catch up to London, I'm going to do two days worth of clothes today!

I also didn't like as many pieces from as many collections for these two days.

Here are the pieces from September 8!

Lela Rose (the very same Lela Rose from Lela Rose Weddings I might add!) started the day off with some beautiful pieces.




All of them are very sophisticated. I could totally see myself wearing the first two to the office any day.

Then Donna Karan from DKNY came out with some pretty interesting pieces. I loved the geometric shapes and bright colors from her pieces. It was definitely a lively runway!


Then came Tracy Reese with some absolutely stunning pieces.


I love everything about this piece. Both the dress and the shoes are just fabulous.


Then this one sort of reminded me of Lilly Pulitzer prints! Very preppy!


And this piece is so Nancy Drew that I almost want to go watch the movie again!


And while Custo Barcelona didn't have any pieces that really caught my eye, Trina Turk had this one piece that I would love in my summer wardrobe for a day around the beach.


 I would totally walk around Miami Beach or Daytona in this one (Can I please have those abs too?)

Diane Von Furtsenberg also had a few pieces that I liked


I love the classiness of this one


And this one makes me eat my words about crop tops again. I'll say it, I like crop tops when tastefully done, like this one.


And this one reminds me of something the Duchess of Cambridge would wear.

Joanna Mastroianni also had some beautifully, elegant pieces.



I really like that second piece. All the details make it look like a work of art on fabric. It's great.

There wasn't anything I liked from Y-3 (the makers of Adidas) either, but Vivienne Tam had some nice pieces too.




I love the details on that third one. It reminds me of stained glass.

Then there's Zac Posen. His collection had poofy skirts all around. I loved how the skirts were out there and drew attention to them.


Like this metallic skirt. I love it. The whole ensemble reminds me of Grease and poodle skirts. Plus I like the shirt.



These two also had gorgeous skirts (and the red one has pockets!).

Then came in Ralph Rucci. These two pieces that I picked out are actually very modest compared to some of his pieces. He likes see through tops that you can see the model's nipples. Way too revealing. Not my favorite pieces by far. These are nice though.



From these two, you might never know how X rated the others were...

Ricardo Seco had mostly men's clothes, in fact, he only had one woman's piece, so nothing really caught my eye. But then Jackie Fraser-Swan finished the night off strong with the Emerson collection.



This one is definitely a favorite of the day.


This piece is also gorgeous, I would love it even more if it was a little longer though.

And to follow all these beautiful pieces from the 8th, some big designers came out on the 9th.

And even though the 9th has some beautiful clothes, it did not start off in a way that I liked. Mathieu Mirano came out with more nipple revealing outfits. AH! This piece was cute though.


Carolina Herrera had some beautiful pieces.



I like this purple one a lot. Like a lot a lot. Can I please have it?


I can totally see the Little House on the Prairie schoolteacher wearing this.


I like this one too, very school-teacher again.

As much as I love Tommy Hilfiger's store, I didn't love any of his pieces.

Then came Pamella Roland, who was one of my favorite designers of the two days



Black tie event anybody?



Red carpet material definitely


I love the silver details on both these dresses.



All these dresses are so elegant and classy and sophisticated. I want them all! I just don't know where I would wear them to.

I wasn't really impressed with anything from Hache, Czar by Cesar Galindo, or Concept Korea, but then Donna Karan from DKNY presented again, and put out some beautiful pieces again. But this time she came out with earthier colors as opposed to the bright geometric shapes from before.




These would be wonderful for a fancy, safari trip! Or a Lion King themed party? I love them!

Falguni and Shane Peacock also failed to put out anything that I loved. Maybe I was just being extra critical when looking at the outfits from this day.

Reem Acra literally put her models on the red carpet on the runway.





The dresses weren't all red carpet material, but these were definitely gorgeous.

Then Kaufman Franco presented my last two favorites of the day.


This nice, almost nude pink suit is gorgeous. Throw an undershirt on and it would be a great business casual outfit.


And while I would be terrified to wear something so white, because I know I'd get it dirty, it's gorgeous. I am so convinced that long sleeves with skirts is going to be the look this upcoming spring!

Libertine was the last designer of the day, and while I didn't like anything put out in that collection, I ended my runway watch with an eyeful of gorgeous pieces. Fashion Week excites me so much with all these pretty clothes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment