Thursday, September 12, 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 - September 6

And the beautiful clothes continue!

On Friday, a whole other set of designers put forth their beautiful designs, and here are my favorites from it:

The day started off with The Fashion Law Institute, which started the day out strong with some amazing outfits.


I love how sleek and elegant this piece is, and it's so beautifully accessorized!


Yay for a non-size 0 model!!! I actually read the other day that the average model size has gone up to a 2, so yay for that!



I really like these two pieces for office wear! Gorgeous!


This isn't my favorite wedding dress ever, but I was so happy to see one at a non-bridal runway that I had to share it!

Zimmermann came out with some pretty interesting pieces as well. I hadn't heard of her before, but these pieces are great!


I don't normally like cut outs, but these are just so intriguing and in places that don't make the outfit immodest.


I think this one is absolutely phenomenal. It's definitely red carpet material, unique, and elegant. I'm loving it!


This one flows beautifully, and if you look closely, there are hidden designs in the pattern. At first glance it looks almost floral, but look at the skirt. There are faces in the design! Eerie


I love the clean, sleek, sophisticated feel of this piece. I would love that in my closet!


This one flows beautifully as well, and it's very subtly sheer, so no worries about wardrobe malfunctions!

When Project Runway came on, it made me feel nostalgic. I haven't watched an episode in about three seasons. It was a great reminder for me to go back to watching the beautiful Heidi Klum tell the designers auf wiedersehen!

Carmen Marc Valvo had some pretty funky pieces. I wasn't absolutely in love with any of them, but this one is so unique and the cut outs are so cleanly placed that I had to share!


Noon By Noor gained a new Instagram follower when I saw these! I loved their chic collection!




I love the poofy sleeves (90s much?) of the third piece and didn't even realize that the second piece was a cut out until I looked at it a second time. At first I thought it was a fashionably placed belt!

Nautica didn't have anything that wowed me. I'm actually not all that interested in men's fashion (except for suits. I love me a man in a suit!) so the all men's collections didn't really appeal to me.

But Rebecca Minkoff made up for what I didn't enjoy in Nautica's. They had some funky fun pieces! I especially like the two florals.





I won't lie though, I'm not a huge fan of the shoe choices for any of the pieces.

Tome had some interestingly sad looking pieces. I feel like all the models belong in a depression commercial. The pieces look amazing though!




I really love the third piece with the white lacy details. I looks great!

Nicole Miller also had some great, classy pieces that I loved!




I think this show might have converted me just a little bit with the cut outs. They just had such tastefully placed cut outs! Which was wonderfully refreshing because I haven't liked many that I've seen on the red carpet at all.

And of course, while I'm biting my tongue on the cut out contempt, Todd Snyder had to make me eat my words on the men's fashion too. These are all sort of suits though, so I'll use that in my defense!





They all look so classy and relaxed at the same time! I loved these looks! (Shopping for Luis maybe?)

The group of Argentine designers: Agostina Bianchi, Daniela Sartori, Mariana Dappiano, and Fabian Zitta put out some gorgeous pieces! I think my favorite outfits of the day came from this one!



These two pieces just flow so elegantly. The top blue one would look great on a hot summer day at the beach, and the second one would be awesome for a nice night out in town. They're so pretty!


Metallic. Ooh shiny!



I love these two so much, I can't even. The white loose pants with the bow in front and the design of that white top. So cute!

It's a good thing that the Argentine Designers and the last one were my favorites, because they sandwiched Elle Fashion and the Academy of Art University, and I didn't love any of the pieces from either collection. So moving on...

...the most favorite pieces from the night came from Mark and Estel. Talk about saving the best for last!


This dress can go on my hanger right now! I love the geometric design of the bodice of the dress. So cute!


That sheer top is about as tasteful as I've seen the sheers. So cute!



These two dresses are just elegance on point! Beautiful!


Who doesn't love an oversized hoodie? This is just so cute, I want it for my lazy days!


I would have picked a full slip to wear underneath this piece to be more covering, but I really like this sheer dress.



And of course, some elegant pieces to finish off with. (I told you the skirt with long sleeves is a thing!)

I'm loving fashion week, and even though my posts are coming later, I'm so sad it's almost over!!



No comments:

Post a Comment