Wednesday, September 11, 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 - September 5

I love fashion week!!!!

I mean, what's there not to love??

It's a never ending stream of awesome outfits and beautiful models with gorgeous new designs. I love it!

This year Fashion Week started off with Nicholas K this past Thursday. None of the pieces really wowed me from his collection, not enough for me to post. Although I did like some pieces from the Native American-themed collection.

Then BCBG Max Azria had these two stunning pieces in their collection that I loved.



I like the simplicity of the first one, with the elegant flowing material and the nude color. The second on the other hand, has a gorgeous bold print (and check out that xylophone on the model, omg, that's skinny!). I like the flowing material and the deep V that still manages to be covering.

Only one piece from Richard Chai's collection really wowed me, and I was surprised especially, because I'm not a huge crop top fan, but I very much like this piece.


It shows just enough skin, and the design on the top is captivating.

These four pieces from Supima's runway are stunning.


I love this pale green dress. It flows. It hugs on the model's skin. It shows a perfect amount of skin, making it sexy and conservative at the same time. It reminds me of spring. I love it. It's my favorite from this collection.


I love the ombre effect this dress has. I wouldn't pin it as a spring dress with it's dark colors, but the design is gorgeous nonetheless. The collar and the train of the dress adds an interesting effect of texture in what would have otherwise been a simple dress.


What I love about the runway is that designers manage to make gorgeous pieces that no one would dare wear in real life, but look stunning nonetheless. This red piece is one of those. I love the slit, the asymmetry, and the texture.


I could see a celebrity wearing this metallic blue on the red carpet. The cut outs on the waist are subtle. The neckline covers her cleavage, but it pinches in the center to show enough skin to make it sexy. The hem is gorgeous! I love the layers and the texture. I would wear a skirt like that if I could.

Tadashi Shoji put out some of my favorite pieces from Thursday.


I love this black. I would totally wear it to a party or a nice cocktail without the sheer hem, but I love the added effect on the model. I love the design, shape, and pattern of the dress. There is nothing about this piece I don't like. Go to my closet, please?


Maybe the reason I loved this collection so much is because I could see myself wearing so many of these. I love this metallic blue dress. Once again, it'd look amazing in my closet. (I was also very glad to see so many women of color on the runway this year. Not so many that it was proportional, but enough to tell that race is becoming less and less of a factor. Win!)


I like this one because of the pattern and color. I can't tell if the fabric is sheer or if it just matches the color of the model's skin. Either way, I like the way it looks like the lines are striping her upper body, and the bottom just flows so beautifully.


Please, please, please just appear on a hanger in my closet right now! This dress is gorgeous!!! It looks a lot like the first black one I showed for Tadashi Shoji, minus the sheer skirt. I absolutely love this dress. Definitely my favorite from this collection.


What intrigued me the most about this dress was the box effect on the model's waist. I'm not sure if I'd like it on me, but it's an interesting design. It reminds me of cartoon characters meant to be beautiful women, with the pointy hips. I can definitely see this box look becoming the next big fad after all the peplum and crop tops we're seeing now.

Next came Candela's pieces. Here are some of my favorites from the collection.




I really loved the casual feel of all the dresses. Even the black one and the white ones, which are floor-length, have a slight casual feel. It might be the background creating that effect, but I like it.The first one is elegant, the second is extremely casual. I'm surprised that I liked the skirt with jean shirt look actually. I normally don't like mixing looks like that. And that third dress is just very sexy (and revealing!)

I liked way too many dresses from the Desigual collection! They're all so beautiful, fun, spring-like, and I can see myself wearing them! With the exception of the first one, I can actually see myself wearing all of these to the office or someplace nice.



Favorite!! ^^






These would all look great in my closet, so let's find our way in there, okay dresses?

Marissa Webb is another collection that I had way too many favorites from. These dresses also share the common feature that I could see myself in them (I always like dresses I can see myself wearing!). Other than that, I love the diversity of looks in this collection. No two dresses are the same!


Here's one I would wear to a party.


One for a casual day. I actual love how quirky this one is. I wouldn't think up of something like this, but I like it.


And here's on for the office. I absolutely love that high-waisted skirt, and I'm loving the girl tie look. I have a thing for ties, and it's about time that it becomes fashionable for a girl to wear them too!


This one is a casual/elegant hybrid. Depending on the accessories, I can see this dress going either way. I'm also seeing that skirts with long sleeves is becoming a big thing. Let's see if people pick it up come April.




These three are all great office outfits. I love the tweed effect (hopefully it's not scratchy!) on the pieces. The skirt on the first one is stunning with that subtle hint of skin under the slit in the skirt, and I'm loving the school girl feel of the second piece. The third dress just looks great for a fashionista in the professional world. Classy and edgy at the same time. (And those shoes. Can I please have those shoes??)

I didn't see anything that I loved from the collection that the Art Institute of New York put up (although there was this one hat piece I almost put up just to stare at how insanely edgy and crazy it was).

And that's it for all my favorite pieces from Thursday's runway!






No comments:

Post a Comment