Friday, May 17, 2013

Ready For Summer

I had a lovely lazy beginning to my week.

After Mother's Day, life went back to normal for my family, except for the fact that I was still hanging around. My mom went back to work. Brian went back to school. Everyone had their own thing to do.

So I just chilled for a while. I visited the dentist on Monday and was a lazy butt for the rest of the day.

Whenever I get long periods of break time, I do a lot of web-surfing, which involved a lot of Polyvore for me on Monday.

I tried to keep a theme going with my Monday outfits. I have an obsession with professional clothes as you all already know, so I was purposely trying not to make business outfits. My theme was summer clothes, so here you are:


This is my southern girl look, I do live in the south after all. Or maybe it's a cowgirl look? Either way, I like it! The skirt is probably my favorite item in the whole outfit. The bolero is just there because I feel like the outfit is incomplete on Polyvore without an outerwear piece. I probably would keep it off even if it was chilly tho, the outfit is cute enough without any covering. And the hat is just the pièce de résistance to finish off the southern/western vibe of the outfit.


Here's another skirt look. It is definitely not my favorite look. I think I was rushed when I made this one. I think it's the jewelry that makes me not like it. I should have left it without the jewelry to keep the look simple, as it was meant to be. Also, the basket look and the gold don't go together. So let's just ignore all the jewelry and focus on those cute wedges and that hat that's ready for summer! 


Here's a nice and simple look. I finally picked out flats for an outfit! I guess I learned my mistake from the previous outfit. If an outfit looks best simple, don't keep adding stuff to it. Heels would have just made the simplicity of this outfit look awkward. My favorite pieces from this outfit? The adorable bracelet set from Charlotte Russe and the dress from Nine West. Least favorite? The Guess purse. It's cute, but probably not the best purse for this outfit.


After two outfits that I didn't like so much, here's a cutie. This one I would probably leave without the denim jacket, though. It's just there again for the sake of having outerwear. And look! I picked out non-heel shoes again! You all should feel very proud of me, I never wear nor pick out flat shoes. I do love how the stud earrings and the drops match so well. The studs are from Kate Spade and the drops from Barney's. And the cute case from Ralph Lauren was just a lucky find that went along so well with my outfit, I couldn't resist. I loved everything about this outfit so much. From the Sperry watch, to the cute little bow necklace, to the Chanel flap bag, this whole outfit is just lovely.


But as lovely as the previous outfit is, I have to leave the best for last. That Michael Kors off the shoulder jersey top is simply gorgeous. I would wear it all the time during the summer if I owned it. I love off the shoulder looks. Then the Dolce and Gabbana tote bag is a beautiful accessory, along with that Charlotte Russe necklace. The AX Paris pumps though? So lovely. I honestly can't pick a favorite item from this outfit. It's just so perfect! Someone please buy me this whole outfit??

(Did you notice that I finally made an outfit without outerwear?)

But now my lazy week is over and I gotta cram as much work in as possible over the next few days before coming back next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment