Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Alexander McQueen

So by now we all know that I'm a bit of a clothes freak right?

So of course I try to keep up with all big names and look at new arrivals (as you all know I love new arrivals) and even what's going on in the fashion and celebrity worlds.

I love a lot of Alexander McQueen's stuff, after all, he did design Kate Middleton's beautiful wedding dress!


I mean, if a fashion designer is good enough for Kate Middleton, he/she's good enough for me!


And he has plenty of other celebrities wearing his pieces too! Just look at Anne Hathaway rocking one of his pieces too!


Plus there's that one red dress that both Kate Middleton and Kim Kardashian wore that was simply gorgeous.

But he showed up on my radar as more than a fashion designer recently. He showed up as a bit more intellectual and kinda revolutionary really.

The Huffington Post Style Twitter account posted one of his quotes yesterday, and of course I retweeted! It said, "I want to empower women. I want people to be afraid of the women I dress."

I think that's kind of an awesome quote!

And then last night I decided to hop on Netflix and watch a few TED Talks, and I ended up watching Aimee Mullins's talk about her 12 pairs of legs on the Beauty & Fashion: Beneath the Skin Deep series. Guess who popped up in conversation in the middle of the talk? Alexander McQueen. He designed a pair of legs for her and had her walk on his runway!


No one could even tell that she was walking on prosthetic legs! They were wooden boots that doubled as her legs!


First the quote, then hearing about his work with the prosthetic legs (and knowing that he made Kate's wedding dress!), I was officially intrigued. So went online, looked at his work, and read up on him. He actually was a pretty cool guy, despite his obsession with skulls and death


So here are some of the pieces I really liked from the Alexander McQueen Collection:

Price: $2,085
Sale Price: $834

Definitely digging the peplum and the white block on this block stretch pencil dress.

Price: $3,995
Sale Price: $1,599

I love the gold detail on the neckline of this embroidered crepe draped pencil dress.

Price: $1,295

I love the design on this stained glass jacquard mini dress!

Price: $1,995
Sale Price: $799

I just love the simplicity and elegance of this cap sleeve pencil dress.

Price: $1,855
Sale Price: $744

I love the high waist and the detail on the waist of this honeycomb mesh corset midi-skirt.

And then Alexander McQueen also has a supposedly more affordable line of clothes called McQ. Here are my favorites from this collection:

Price: $585

I'm loving both the camouflage puff print and the silhouette of this knit mini-dress.

Price: $620
Sale Price: $309

I think this might be my favorite dress out of all of them. The contrast bandage detail is stunning, and so is the white line framing the silhouette.

Price: $1,045

This felt biker jacket just looks so sophisticated and bad at the same time to me. Like I could look like a sexy biker chick wearing this.

Price: $450
Sale Price: $224

I love the curve hugging silhouette of this zip s-bend dress and I'm going crazy for that zipper open detail of the dress.

Price: $605
Sale Price: $304

Normally I don't like these super designed dresses, but this mineral print s-bend dress is just drop dead gorgeous. I love everything about it!

Price: $915
Sale Price: $459

Last, but not least, is this beautiful tailored monochrome paneled dress. I love how it has a low neckline that still manages to be modest. Plus the design of the dress is really clean and sophisticated.

And that's all I have for this post. Beautiful clothes from a great person.




No comments:

Post a Comment