Saturday, June 15, 2013

If I Were A Rich Girl

Usually when I get on Polyvore, I just make outfits with the pieces I run across.

Sometimes (read most times) they're expensive, sometimes they're not.

This time I intentionally made a super expensive outfit just because I could. Everything fancy and designer all the way.


I started out by looking up Lanvin dresses. This is a beautiful silk satin dress for a whopping $3,095. That's almost 6 months rent for me. And that's really cheap for a Lanvin dress, I'm doing a favorites from Lanvin post soon and you'll see what I'm talking about. I have to admit, that bow really sold the dress for me. Plus the asymmetric look is done so well, I love it.

For the shoes, I decided to look up Manolo Blahnik (a girl can dream, can't she?). I was really between Manolos and Jimmy Choos. I decided that my next rich girl outfit can have Jimmy Choos. We all know how much I love the lacy shoe look (just see my Kate Spade post here and you'll see what I'm talking about). So when I found these, I really couldn't help myself. It's a satin and mesh with the lace overlay for $695. Considering the fact that I was going for a super expensive outfit, I somehow managed to pick out the cheapest things from each designer.

The purse came from Prada for $910. It's a pretty standard satin purse. I'm not exactly digging the weird monkey clasp, but you can't really see it in the picture, so for now it serves its purpose.

Now we start with the really expensive stuff... The jewelry. The bracelet is black onyx surrounded by rose gold from Irene Neuwirth's collection and it costs $7,700. Before picking out the bracelet, I had no idea who Irene Neuwirth was (I had typed in Barney's to find jewelry and luckily ran across this designer) and now I'm ashamed. Her work is beautiful, and some of my favorite famouses wear it! A few of those famouses are Rachel McAdams, Karolina Kurkova, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, and the one and only beautiful Angelina Jolie. As I look into her more, look forward to a post about her!

The necklace also comes from Irene Neuwirth's collection, and it's even more expensive than the bracelet at $13,600. It also contains black onyx, but has a beautiful moonstone at the center. Like I said, I'm loving her collections!

Next are the earrings. While the drops are also black onyx, these come Graciela instead of Irene Neuwrith. It was actually the beautiful white coral flowers at the top that sold it to me, and the sapphires hanging down the earring are an added bonus. We've scaled back the price considerably to $3,100 (I never thought I would say that three grand for a pair of earrings would be scaled back!). I was browsing through Graciela's website, and Emma Watson was spotted wearing one of her earrings, and well, it doesn't get much better than Emma Watson in my book! Emma Stone and Zooey Deschanel were also on the site. swoon

The stud earrings are diamond, black diamond, and white gold from Reeds Jewelers. These are even more scaled back at $1,700.

As beautiful as the ring is, Polyvore gave me neither a price nor a designer or store for it. But it does mention cubic zirconium stones, so I can't imagine it being up to par with our Irene Neuwirth and Graciela pieces. It's still a beautiful piece though.

Lastly, the gloves. Probably the cheapest item in the whole outfit (I say probably because I don't know the price of the ring), these elegant black gloves are only $34! I really just picked them out because they provided the outfit with such an elegant finishing touch, I couldn't resist the formal look.

Anyways, that's it for my "If I Were A Billionaire" outfit. I'll just sigh and dream of the day now...

Some motivation for me to keep studying and working hard! ;D



No comments:

Post a Comment